1. S690QL Steel Plates
As a European standard implementation specification, the steel specified in this specification can be used for steel grades S460, S500, S550, S620, S690, S890, S960 with a minimum nominal thickness of 3mm and a maximum nominal thickness of ≤150mm. The minimum yield strength specified for steel after fire is 460 MPa1) to 960 MPa1).
2. S690QL steel grades
The specification specifies 7 steel grades, and their yield strengths are different under ambient and temperature conditions. All supplied steel grades of the following types are to be specified upon request.
- The specified minimum value of impact energy when the temperature is not lower than -20 (no label).
- The specified minimum value of impact energy when the temperature is not lower than -50 is indicated by L.
- (except for S960) the minimum specified value of impact energy when the temperature is not lower than -60 is indicated by L1.
3. S690QL designation
- the specification number (EN10025-6);
- steel designation and steel number;
steel designation includes:
- symbol S (structural steel);
- specification of minimum yield strength of thickness 50mm rule, in MPa1) Indicates in units;
- delivery condition Q;
- the type of the first letter L or L1 of the minimum value of the regular impact energy when the temperature is not lower than -40 or -60.
Example: Structural steel with minimum yield strength at ambient and temperature of 460MPa1), in quenched and tempered delivery condition (Q) and grade L:
steel EN 10025-6-S460QL; or steel EN10025-6-1.8906.
4. S690QL delivery conditions: quenching + tempering (Q).
NOTE: Direct quenching followed by tempering after hot rolling is considered to be equivalent to conventional quenching and tempering.
5. S690QL shock function
- Q is at -20; - QL is at -50; - QL1 is at -60.
6. S690QL Steel chemical composition
C≤0.20, Si≤0.80, Mn≤1.70, P: 0.020, S: 0.010, N≤0.015, B≤0.005, Cr:≤1.50, Cu≤0.50, Mo≤0.70, Nb≤0.06, Ni≤2.0, Ti≤0.05, V≤0.12, Zr≤0.15.